Please check our website for the latest updates.
Covid-19 Re-opening FAQ's
What do I need to do before I visit?
On arrival you will be directed to a dedicated parking zone for arrivals. One member of the booking is required to go to the office to check in. Please stay outside until invited in to help us control the number of people within the building at any one time.
The Theme Park is beginning a phased reopening on the 6th July 2020. Unfortunately, some areas have not met the required government guidelines, and therefore will remain closed. See website for details.
Access to the unsupervised outside areas will be available to customers staying on the campsite on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th July.
Our reopening schedule will be continually reviewed and revised. Rides, attractions and facilities may be modified or suspended without notice.
If the Coronavirus Pandemic interrupts your future visit, we will change your date free of charge. You can change dates on your booking if:
- The Campsite closes due to COVID-19.
- If you or someone in your household develops symptoms.
During the pandemic exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. COVID 19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to serious illness or death. According to Government guidance senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are particularly vulnerable. By visiting Woodlands Grove Caravan & Camping and Woodlands Family Theme Park, you voluntarily assume responsibility for risks related to exposure to COVID 19. Help us keep each other healthy, have a safe day.
Hygiene Information and General FAQ's
- Yes – entrance to the Theme Park is included in your stay.
- Maintain a safe social distance from other groups at all times.
- Wash your hands more often, following the guidance in each toilet or hand wash area.
- Use hand sanitiser when you are not near a hand wash facility, hand sanitiser is available at points throughout the theme park (bringing your own bottle is advised also).
- If you cough or sneeze catch it with a tissue, and bin it.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell, and leave site immediately if you begin to feel unwell during your visit.
- Pay with contactless for items where possible, either via card or Apple Pay or similar.
Let’s be safe together!
- Visitor numbers capped each day, via the online booking of all Theme Park tickets.
- Extra hygiene and cleaning measures throughout the site.
- Our teams will wear personal protective equipment where necessary.
- High touch contact points sanitised more frequently, or where this is not possible remove them from use.
- Full training and reassurance for staff members before returning to site.
- Clear COVID 19 information available for guests and staff members around the site.
- Socially distanced queue lines.
- Rides and attractions reopened following Government and industry guidance and best practices.
- Protective screening, or distancing in place at till points.
- Extra hand sanitiser stations available prior to Park entry, at rides and other key points.
Some limitations on attraction availability may be in place on your visit, a list is available below of currently CLOSED attractions. We will be working hard to get these areas running again as soon as Government and BALPPA guidance says it is safe to do so. Please listen to our team members, they are here to help and to maintain a fun and safe environment for you and your family. You may have to wait a little longer than usual whilst our team clean between ride cycles, here are the steps we all must take when approaching and riding our rides/attractions:
- Maintain social distancing when in queue lines, ride platforms and when loading/un-loading rides.
- Sanitise your hands when asked to do so.
- Wait with your family within the indicated areas. When the indicated area in front of you is empty, step into the next section with your family.
- It is not possible to choose your seat. All seats are allocated and clearly marked. Some seats are kept vacant to adhere to social distancing.
- Leave the attraction as soon as possible when your ride has finished, and the ride operator confirms.
- Aid younger or vulnerable people in your family into and out of rides where possible, to reduce close contact with staff members.
The majority of the park will be open, we are currently reviewing Government guidance. Currently all indoor play areas and rides within the buildings will remain closed until further notice. For a full list please click here.
Our reopening schedule will be continually reviewed and revised. Rides, attractions and facilities may be modified or suspended without notice.
Should you wish to visit, we kindly ask that you respect the safety measures we have put in place. Based on the current Government guidance and advice, you will not be required to wear a face mask when visiting the Theme Park. Face masks and other PPE will be worn by members of our team where their role requires.
As per Government regulations, from Friday 24th July, guests will be required to wear a face covering if they wish to enter our Gift Shop & General Store.
**EDIT** Government guidance amended as of 23rd July (in the evening) this also applies to indoor take away areas. For our site this will also include Rays Diner and Loves Grove. If you are then eating in our indoor seating area masks may be removed.
Face coverings are not required for all other areas of the park; however, guests are more than welcome to wear one if they wish. Reusable face masks can be purchased at our Entrance Kiosks, Reception and catering outlets.
You do not need to wear a face covering in our Gift Shop and General Store if you have a legitimate reason not to.
• Young children under the age of 11
• Not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness/impairment or disability
• If putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
• If you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
• To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Increased cleaning regimes are in place. Guests will be asked not to enter whilst cleaning takes place. Please ensure you use toilet facilities as promptly as possible and leave them in a clean manner as you would expect to find them yourselves. Do not allow children to use the facilities on their own. We do request you use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit of the toilet facilities.
We have a large number of hand sanitiser stations around the Theme Park and would also recommend you bring your own so you can use whilst walking around the Park. Although sanitiser is handy, it does not replace a good hand washing hygiene regime. Please follow the advice of the UK Government, NHS and PHE by washing hands for a minimum of 20 secs before eating, drinking and after visiting our farm and toilet facilities.
We respectfully ask that people take responsibility for their own health and the health of the community before visiting us. Please do not choose to visit the Theme park if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have any underlying health conditions that may put you or others at risk. If you are vulnerable in any way, it is your responsibility to make the right choice for yourself and others around you. Please follow the advice given by the UK Government, PHE and NHS. We can only operate when everyone works together.
Yes – but with limited availability. Please click the Food, Drink & Shop tab for more.
For your own safety and that of others, please only visit with members of your household. If you meet friends, please maintain clear social distancing at all times and follow the latest government guidelines.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Campsite Booking from March to July 2020
This section is for guests who had booking with us from 27th March 2020 onwards, whilst the park was closed. Please read through all sections carefully.
- Change dates to anytime either this season or next year.
- If you do not have set dates in mind, we can produce a credit note for the amount you have paid. This does not have an expiry date and can be used against a future booking.
- You do not need to make a decision straight away; we have all bookings held on the system.
- We can change the dates of your stay as many times as needed, at no extra charge.
Please email us on email@example.com to ensure your query is logged and replied too. Due to reduced colleagues in our offices to adhere to social distancing our reply times may be slower, sorry in advance.
We thank all our guests for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back.
Food, Drink and Shop FAQ's
- Yes, however we have a limited amount of catering facilities open and a limited menu offering takeaway only.
- Please follow social distancing whilst queueing for your order.
- Where possible, please can only one member of each group join the queue for ordering.
- Reusable takeaway cups cannot be accepted at this time.
- Takeaway packaging must be disposed of in the allocated bins.
- All tables will be socially distanced and cannot be moved to create larger tables.
- Salt, pepper, milk, sugar, cutlery etc, will be given instead of being freely available.
- Surfaces and contact points have increased cleaning regimes.
Always make sure you tell our team about any dietary requirements before placing your order. Our kitchens operate on a large scale and we cannot guarantee there will be no cross contamination of allergens present across our food range. We have a handy guide available to look up further details, please ask a catering team member.
The below locations will be serving a limited menu and offer a take away only service:
- Loves Grove Café, situated next to the Watercoasters.
- Courtyard Café, situated at the Farm.
- Pizza Parlour, situated next to the Master Blaster.
- Rays Diner, situated within the Empire of the Sea Dragon (the big blue building). The lower floor of the building will remain cordoned off and no access will be permitted. Entry to Rays Diner will be via the bridge taking you onto the middle level, where there is also seating and toilets.
Locations open will depend on demand and visitor numbers.
Yes – you will find signage to direct you to our entrance and exits. Hygiene screens will be in place at our till points. We have a fantastic range of pocket money items and more! You may need to queue for a short while before entering to ensure we can manage capacity and essential controls. Please only pick up items that you want to purchase.
Yes – you will find signage to direct you to our entrance and exits. Hygiene screens will be in place at our till points. We have a fantastic range of daily essentials and camping equipment. You may need to queue for a short while before entering to ensure we can manage capacity and essential controls. Please only pick up items that you want to purchase.
Please pay with contactless via card or Apple Pay etc where possible.
Woodlands Grove Caravan & Camping FAQ's
You can book more than one pitch, however each booking will need to have a family name and contact details. If booking online, please enter family name and postcode in the special instructions. For more information please call the Reception team on 01803 712598.
A deposit is required: £50 per week or part week. The balance must then be paid in full 28 days before arrival.
Your balance is due 28 days before your arrival date. If you are booking within 28 days of your arrival, the full payment will be due at the time of booking.
We have a mixture of hard-standing and grass pitches available.
We do allow pup tents and gazebos, please advise us at the time of booking to ensure correct pitch size. There is an extra charge.
If you would like to book a specific pitch or area, please let us know at the time of booking. If you are booking online, please leave a note in the Special Instructions box. We will try our best to allocate the pitch/area requested but this cannot be guaranteed.
Upon cancellation or reduction of the period booked, monies paid will be retained to cover losses. No money can be refunded for curtailment of the period booked FOR ANY REASON. This condition will be strictly applied; therefore insurance is advised.
Please call us on 01803 712598
Pitch occupancy from 1pm can be expected but not guaranteed. Please check in before 9.30pm.
When you arrive please park in the Arrivals Bay and follow the signs to Reception to check in. Please have your vehicle registration with you.
Please bring your booking confirmation details i.e booking reference number. Alternatively we can check you in with just your surname, postcode and vehicle registration.
Check in is available from 1pm and you must arrive by 9.30pm. On departure please vacate your pitch by 11am.
Each pitch usually has one allocated parking space. Extra spaces may be available, but they MUST be booked at Reception or alternatively you can park any cars in the Theme Park day visitor’s car park for free. All vehicles (& contents) are parked at their owner’s risk. You may also be required to park your vehicle away from your pitch to protect the ground in bad weather.
Woodlands Family Theme Park
When camping with us you do receive free entrance into the Theme Park, this is available for everyone staying in your unit and you can go between the two sites as much as you like throughout the day.
In addition to the rides and attractions, Woodlands is set in a beautiful woodland area where you can walk and enjoy the valley setting, beautiful gardens and a wide collection of birds and animals that will appeal to both children and adults.
All rides are included. The Safari Adventure Golf is an extra charge.
As you are staying on site with us you can walk around the Theme park once it is closed. You are also able to use any of the outdoor areas that do not need supervision. We kindly ask that you have made your way back to the campsite and are not in the Theme park once it is dark.
Entrance to Woodlands Family Theme Park is included in a 2 night or more stay on our campsite. You have entry to the Theme park from 1.00pm on the day of arrival, everyday during your stay and the day of departure. You are required to vacate your pitch by 11.00am on the day of departure, park in the day visitors car park and use your campsite tags to gain entry to the Theme park for the day.
Internet access from 1 hour to 1 month can be purchased for your device using a credit/debit card. Details can be found in your welcome guide on arrival.
10 AMP, household appliances cannot be used, only camping/caravan rated appliances.
We do allow BBQ’s however they must be charcoal or gas only, no wood or heat logs. Please use the bricks provided to keep BBQ’s and hot articles off the grass. We do NOT allow open fires, fire pits or chimeneas.
There are charging facilities within reception for a small fee of 50p per device. We can charge mobile phones, iPads, cameras, games consoles etc but NOT e-cigarettes. You will need to provide your charging cables.
The cash point is located within Reception and available from approx. 10am. There is a charge for withdrawals of £1.99.
Showers are free. Hair dryers/Baths are 20p. Washing machines take 4 x £1 coins. Tumble dryers are 20p/50p. Spin dryers/Irons are 20p.
Yes, the General Store is licensed, you can also find grocery items, camping accessories and gas refills. Opening times vary please see posters or check with Reception.
We do not have a club house or evening entertainment on our Caravan & Camping site. The Theme park is also closed in the evenings.
Please report to Reception for all enquiries regarding lost or found property.
Woodlands Grove is open from 27th March to 1st November 2020
There is a bus stop at the site entrance to travel to Dartmouth and Totnes on the 92 service. Timetables are available in Reception. When leaving the park by foot please get your hand stamped at the entrance kiosk.
We do allow pets, please think of others by keeping your dog on a short lead at all times and by picking up after them. A dog walk area is provided opposite the arrivals bay for exercising without leads. Dogs are not allowed in the Theme Park. We do have on-site kennels available for use. Ask at the entrance kiosk for a padlock for a refundable £10 deposit. For more information please call Reception on 01803 712598.
Please ride sensibly in the Caravan Park and on the cycle track. Do not ride around the General Store, Gift Shop, Reception or in the Theme Park between 9am and 6.30pm. Go Peds and Powered Cycles are not permitted.
The day entry fee applies for visitors. No charge for evening visitors between 5.30pm-10.30pm. Cars must be parked in the day visitor’s car park. If they wish to stay overnight, please contact Reception.
In the event of a lost child please notify a staff member in the area the child went messing. You can also report lost children to Reception who will have contact with other members of staff around the park. Reception is the point of contact where lost children will stay.
Please contact Reception on 01803 712598 during opening hours or if you are staying on site and need assistance when Reception is closed please contact the Duty Wardens located opposite the Arrivals Bay.